Jersey’s largest ski resort is home to more than just skiing
In New Jersey’s largest ski resort, skiing is the rule of the game, but it’s not the only thing guests can expect, either.
It’s that time of year again: ski resorts are stepping up their snowmaking efforts and getting ready to open their doors to legions of outdoor enthusiasts ready to hit the slopes; the snow bunnies dusted off these skis (and boards!) because the cooler temperatures of winter allow them to enjoy winter recreation again.
But some of the best ski resorts have a lot more to offer than top ski conditions. visitors can get their dose of winter activity, while still being able to stay and enjoy their trip in one place. And New Jersey’s Mountain Creek Resort is once such a place; a resort-style family experience that offers vacationers everything they need to enjoy the best winter getaways this season.
About Mountain Creek Resort
Located in charming Sussex County, northwest New Jersey, Mountain Creek’s location in Vernon Township makes it an ideal âfour-season recreation communityâ. Quaint and teeming with recreational opportunities throughout the year, the area is also easily accessible for those in the tri-state area looking for a city escape.
Visitors to Mountain Creek can expect a warm welcome and unparalleled hospitality; with a number of accommodations nearby and on site that make for an unforgettable vacation and a myriad of activities for the whole family.
It’s time to hit the slopes
In early December, Mountain Creek is making snow and preparing to open for its 2021-2022 season. However, due to fluctuating winter temperatures in the northeast, there is currently no opening date, although visitors can certainly plan for an epic season when the resort Is it that open to the largest ski area in the region. Below is some information for those looking to head to Mountain Creek for skiing and windsurfing this winter.
- Mountain Creek has terrain and trails to suit all skill levels, from novice snow bunnies to experienced downhill dilettantes.
- The resort’s fleet of over 1,000 snow cannons keeps its four peaks covered in fresh powder all season long.
- Freestyle fans will love Mountain Creek’s snow parks, epic experiences with a variety of fun features suitable for all skill levels
- The resort’s snow sports school is the perfect place for beginners to get acquainted with the slopes and a great way for more experienced skiers and snowboarders to take it to the next level. Get ready to hit the slopes with their Go Skiing and Go Snowboarding Packages: Everything You Need to Get Started! Go plans for adults start at $ 139 / person
Keep busy with world class activities
Mountain Creek is more than a premier ski and snowboard destination; its variety of recreational opportunities makes it the ideal location for visitors who don’t want to spend all their time on the slopes.
- Sno-Go is the last adventure in Mountain Creek; a sort of âsnow bikeâ perfect for hurtling down snow-covered hills in all conditions, this fun new activity offers visitors full access to the mountain on the resort’s four peaks. Sno-Go Rental Package (includes rental of bikes, helmet, snowboard boots and instructions, $ 59.99 and up / person
- Believe it or not, indoor skiing and snowboarding are possible. A fun day trip from Mountain Creek, BIG SNOW American Dream has the best indoor trails in their snow dome located near Rutherford, NJ
- Snowtubing is one of the most fun outdoor winter activities out there, and the best part is that it doesn’t require any equipment or private lessons. Mountain Creek’s Magic Carpet Lift takes visitors to the top – no climbing is necessary, just enjoy the ride! Snowtubing $ 30 / person for a 2-hour session, advance ticket purchase required
- The fun doesn’t end at the end of winter – head back to Mountain Creek when the weather warms up to try their Zip Tours, the epic Mountain Coaster, Mountain Creek Water Park, and super cool mountain bike trails
Dine, play and stay at Mountain Creek
Mountain Creek offers a variety of on-site accommodations and amenities that make it the perfect all-in-one winter vacation destination.
- The Appalachian provides visitors with ski-in / ski-out accommodations that are comfortable, stylish and practical. Choose from studio, one and two bedroom units with stunning views and upscale amenities. There’s also a heated outdoor pool and hot tub, a family game room, and a fitness center. Rooms start at $ 169.15 / night (fall promotional offer)
- You don’t have to leave Mountain Creek to find a great meal – their many on-site restaurants and bars offer everything from fun, casual fare (Schuss, Kink, and The Biergarten) to more elegant dining experiences (The Hawks Nest).
- Jack & Otto’s is a great place for a drink after a long day on the slopes. Ski-themed and with an ultra-relaxing vibe, this laid-back spot also serves delicious casual fare and snacks.
- Unwind and unwind with a trip to one of Mountain Creek’s multiple hot tubs, or sit back and stargazing (and roasting marshmallows!) In the resort’s new foyer.
One of the best ways to enjoy the winter season is to hit the slopes, but not everyone enjoys skiing and snowboarding, and that’s what makes destinations like New Jersey’s Mountain Creek Resort so special. With a plethora of fun and family-friendly activities, perfect for all ages and skill levels, Mountain Creek has everything visitors need for an epic winter getaway, including on-site accommodations, activities and trails. equipment that will make everyone want to bundle up and head outside.
NEXT: This Country’s Ski Slopes Are Only Minutes From Its Fascinating Beaches
Coast by train: see the best views of America by train
About the Author